Monday 23 March 2009

Day Twenty & Twenty One

These past two days have been all about diving. We've had a family of 4 from the States diving both days as the son was completing a Deep dive Specialty and the daughter her Open Water. Both parents can dive so they accompanied a child each on their respective dives. One the Sunday we also had the grandparents join us for some snorkelling which I guided. The site was quite disappointing and they were all set for heading back to the boat when I spotted an eagle ray and shouted for them to come take a look. As none of the divers saw the ray they were very pleased in the end that they stayed wet! Saturday was another ugh-y day for me though as the first dive site was at Santa Monica which is about a mile off Norman island and consequently was very swell-y! So of course I ended up hurling again over the side right after all the divers had got in the water. I took some Bonine (seasick tablets) on Sunday as well as wearing my bands but as the water was like glass all day I can hardly say whether they helped or not! :)
The afternoon dives on Saturday were again at the Rhone and I led my first trip around the stern section. I managed to finally see Lobzilla! And boy is he huge!!! He was sitting in a very large section of the wreck just chilling and I nearly swam right past him until I clocked that his attenae were actually not huge bits of coral but were in fact attached to him. Hehe. We saw another lobster and again lots of lovely fishes (see card in an earlier post below) but no rays or turtles unfortunately. Apparently one of the other groups saw some turtles right behind us but they never let us know! :(

There has been some confusion it seems about this gig I mentioned. Apparently the band weren't booked to play and so of course it didn't happen. Maybe they'll get something together for this weekend as this is my last week here. I can't believe it has flown by so quickly but it has. I'll be home in 8 days and trying to get myself organised to do my Instructors course as soon as possible. I've been in touch with the company I mentioned before in Cyprus and they don't take on DM's as they use people who are doing their DM course as their assistants. I know having spoken to a lot of people here about working as a DM that it is possible in certain locations but that you're pretty much not going to get paid. So to earn any money you need to be a dive instructor and the more specialties you can teach the better.

Anyway hope everyone is well
Hugs
H x

3 comments:

  1. Hey Honey,
    Well your certainly getting into the swing of things shame your tummy doesn't always agree.
    It was so lovely to hear from you on saturday night, and you sound like you'll be sad to come home.
    I've sent you an email about a girl's climbing day (April 18th) which would be really cool if you can make it.
    And your welcome to stay anytime, just let me know definate dates.
    Anyway hope you've stopped puking, and that you have see Lobzilla again and maybe even a turtle :0) Get that camera sorted - we want to see you making like James Bond with your scuba toys - ha ha !! xx Trin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello honey am really enjoying reading all about your venture. Bet you don't want to come home eh. Love and hugs to you Love Adele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lobzilla! I keep cracking up at the name. I bet he is huge! What amazing experiences you are having!

    ReplyDelete