Monday 9 March 2009

Day Eight

Been a very busy day today and I led my first dive ever! I had 6 divers following me on a site I've never dived before and I was kinda scared about it. Still everyone came back alive and well and happy with what they saw so that's all good! Still it was a tough dive because the current was really strong and there was some surge around the point we were diving which really didn't help my bouyancy at the end of the dive and I felt like I was flying to the surface along with some of my divers!! Not Good At All!!!! I also did surface support today for the first time on my own on one of the bigger boats (Discovery today) and that was quite interesting to be in charge of the boat for a spell. I like doing surface support as it utilises my organisational talents! :)
Last night Courtney and I went to Pussers again for dinner - another yummy pizza - and lots of talk about life and loves. It's Courtney's birthday this week and it is also a full moon midweek. Every month they have a full moon party at Trellis Bay. It's supposed to be great fun and so we're hoping to head down there for it. One of the instructors who's been laid off is leaving on Wednesday and so it's also sort of a goodbye party for him too.
This past weekend was good although I didn't get much chance to write. I was off on Saturday and so again went into Road Town for supplies (food, more shorts for the boat, a new bikini). Sunday was an easy day as the dives got cancelled so Tom and I had to stay on base and do some random jobs. I also got to drive my first boat - a small RIB called J Lady - which was great fun! :) Tom also taught me how to use the air compressor to fill tanks and so I spent a lot of the day doing that. Courtney and I also went to Trellis Bay one of the evenings for dinner. It took us a fair bit to get back home though - no one would pick us up on the way back for ages and it looked like we'd have to walk all the way! Much too far for that!! Finally though we got a lift so phew.


Courtney and I at Trellis Bay - note the extremely wind-blown hairdo's!!

Anyway thats all for now. Hope all is well with everyone
Hugs
H xx

4 comments:

  1. Hello honey been reading all about your venture so far and it sounds amazing! Well done on your first dive!Can't believe you have been gone over 2 weeks already! Bet the time there is flying by eh? Really enjoy reading your blogs hun. Keep up the good work. Big hugs Love Adele x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello honey seem to be having a problem leaving a comment on here. I posted one yesterday and it's not here, boo hoo :-(. Anyway I have just been reading your day by day's events and it sounds like you are having an amazing time! Make the most of it as time is whizzing by now! Can't believe you have been there almost 2 weeks already!!! Congratualtions on your diving ya show off ha ha. Take care hun and I will speak to you soon. Love Adele x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather,

    Sorry it's taken me so long to pop over and catchup on your adventures but work here in the cold, damp UK has kept me busy ! ! !

    WOW - you have been busy and seem to be enjoying life out there. You have definitely packed loads in, in such a short time. I can totally emphasise with you regarding sea sickness . . so horrible and dehabilitating but glad that you have found a cure that works for you.

    Take care and a big "Well Done" on keeping up with your diary.

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your time there seems to be so full of fun and adventure but balanced with hard work and endurance. I am so fortunate to know you and can share this all with you. I do not even know how to swim so I am totally enamored with this entire experience. I'd love to see some more pictures when you get the time. Have fun and I look forward to reading more!!!

    ReplyDelete