Tuesday 17 March 2009

Day Fifteen & Sixteen

Today (Monday) was another dive day and there were only 3 guests and 3 crew, so it seemed like total one to one service! Two of the guests wanted to refresh their skills and one of those still had to complete their Open Water course so I dived with one guest at the first site and 2 at the second. I'd never dived either site so again I was a wee bit trepidatious about leading them around. The first site (The Indians) was ok but the visibility wasn't as good as it has been lately in other sites so that was disappointing. But we did spot a green eel - about 4 feet long - just hiding in the reef.
The second site (Kelly's Cove) was cool with lots of lovely colourful fishes but no eels or lobsters. We did see some hermit crabs though and a couple of sea cucumbers. We also had a bit of a surface swim as another company had hooked up at the mooring ball nearest the site.
Both sites are near to Norman Island so we had a late lunch there after dropping off the guests. I'd only been to Norman once before and that was for a half day and briefly dropping off/picking up guests at other times so I thought it would be good to stop there for a whole day if I could.

So that's what I did today (Tuesday). Neil was on Norman so he gave me a lift in on Explorer and I spent the whole day sunning myself, snorkelling and generally just chilling out! Just fab! Felt totally like a holiday today. There were lots of people on island from around 1030am but from 850am (when we arrived) I was the only person on the beach (not including staff). Awesome! I snorkelled around the dock and was surrounded by fishes, a big barracuda and also a very cool sting ray who is about 2 foot across! He brushed past me on my 2nd snorkel trip and I almost pee'd with excitement :) hehehe!
Have just got back now and I'm quite bronzed and salty. I have tomorrow off too and am not sure what to do. I think I may take a trip out to Cooper Island and do the same type of thing. The weather today was just fab - barely a cloud in the sky and not one single drop of rain. This is just the best news because all my other days off have had some rain and so I'm holding out some hope that tomorrow will be good too. Fingers crossed.
I've taken some photos of Norman today and will try to get them uploaded tomorrow (EDIT - DONE). Not sure of any plans for tonight but after the lovely easy day I may just hit the hay and try to stay as blissed out as possible! :)



Hope all is well
Hugs
H x

1 comment:

  1. It looks like you are in paradise! I love these photos!

    ReplyDelete