Thursday 12 March 2009

Day Ten

Today was another cruise ship day and also Courtney and I actually worked together on the same boat! Every cruise ship company hits the RMS Rhone wreck for 2 dives and this one was no different. There were a few Discover Scuba Divers though who needed training so Rob, Neil and I got dropped off at Cooper Island for that. I need to shadow 2 more DSD's and then I am allowed to teach them myself (I think that's how it works!). One of the divers had a lot of trouble staying underwater and then he had some problems with clearing his mask. In the end he decided that he wouldn't dive, he'd just snorkel over the wreck. I felt so frustrated for him as he was such a nice guy and was trying really hard to get it right.
Steve picked us up again from Cooper so we could take the DSD's back to the Rhone for their dive. I followed Rob and his group around the stern section trying to learn the whereabouts of everything.
We then headed back to port to pick up some more snorkellers. Neil, Court and I got off the boat in dock and took all the gear back to the base. We then spent a few hours filling tanks and doing general base work until the rest of the boats came back.
Today was Courtney's 21st birthday so when everyone was back we had a drink on the marina. Steve then picked us both up later to take us to Neil and Ria's house for a barbeque. The food was just so yummy - definitely recommend the salmon and tasty sausages they have here on island.
Steve dropped me off at the apartment as I had an early start and he then took Courtney over to the Last Resort bar/restaurant. I left the door unlocked for Courtney and around midnight I hear Courts come back in. I turn over and see this figure in the room and then Courts starts shouting "hey, what are you doing?" amongst other things. It turns out some guy had sneaked into the apartment and had grabbed her bag! He made a bolt for the door and managed to get past her and out into the night. Courts chased him but he legged it and was gone. I barely managed to get up out of bed in the time this all happened.
To say the least I was very freaked out because not only did I not hear this guy at all but I have no idea how long he may have been in the apartment. Obviously I'm very lucky because I suppose things could have been much worse and none of my things got stolen. Courtney has spent her day off cancelling her credit cards and talking to the police about it.
Anyway thats all the news for now
Hugs
H xx

1 comment:

  1. Oh how scary! I am so glad you and Courtney weren't hurt or worse!! I am sorry about Courtney's purse and other belongings. Wow!

    ReplyDelete