Friday 27 March 2009

Day Twenty-five & -six

Yesterday I was off and so Neil and I took a drive around the island a little so I could check out other areas. We drove all the way out to Long Bay which is over on the west side on the north coast. It is absolutely gorgeous as you will see below! There is a lot more surf on the north side and we sat for a short spell watching the pelicans feed. We then drove up along the north coast for a while and then up the mountain into Sage national park so I could take a look at the view. From there it was back down into Road Town for some errands and then back to the apartment.


Last night there was a power cut, thankfully not long after I had made dinner for myself. Luckily I had some charge on my laptop so I could watch a movie as Courtney was working on the night dive.

Today has been my second day off and I booked to do a DPV (diver propulsion vehicle - those fun-looking scooters you see in James Bond type movies!) course.
Neil ended up being my instructor so we had a fun couple of dives on the RMS Rhone. I borrowed an underwater camera as well and I'm so glad I did as you will see from the pics below!


We saw the seahorse!! And I saw Fang and his buddy under the bow sprit too! YESSSS!!! I was beginning to think I wouldn't see them before I leave as my last two work days are both dive/dive and maybe I wouldn't end up on the Rhone again?!


This is the lucky porthole we tell all the divers about - you rub it three times and make a wish! See how it's all shiny from the rubbing?!

Tonight is the booze cruise on Jeff's yacht and so I will hopefully have some pics to show in the next couple of days. Sunday is my last work day and so that leaves me Monday to pack and get some gifts for home and say goodbye to everyone I've met.

2 comments:

  1. WOW Heather what adventures you have had. I thoroughly enjoyed reading all about your trip, sitting back with a coffee as I haven't been able to pop over as much as I would like recently. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and so loving all your photo's - makes me very jealous !

    Sorry to hear the sea sickness is still effecting you but hey, it's not stopping you totally.

    Take care and keep up the diary entries !

    Lou
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I saw the seahorse in the picture and gasped! I whispered SHE SAW THE SEAHORSE! LOL I love it. I have only seen a seahorse in person at the aquarium. They are tiny!

    ReplyDelete