Wednesday 18 March 2009

Day Seventeen

Today I took a trip over to Cooper Island. Again the weather has been truly gorgeous - so hot in fact I nearly burnt my feet on the afternoon sand. I had a lovely relaxing day until the afternoon when Bella (the dog who lives at Cooper Island Beach Club) and I had a great play session. She loves to swim and chase thrown coconuts so that's what we did while running up and down the beach. I think I was more exhausted at the end than she was! :) I'll try to add a photo of Bella tomorrow (EDIT - DONE) - she's a cutie pie black lab.



Other than that I haven't done much else. Last night Courtney and I went to Pusser's for dinner. Another intern arrives today I think although I'm not sure when she is due to start work. Tomorrow is another cruise ship day for me - Ocean Village - which is one I haven't worked before. I'm not sure how many people are diving but today was apparently very busy.
This weekend Courtney is playing keyboards for the band that Neil and Emily's boyfriend (Gilbo) have formed. Matko (the instructor who was recently laid off) has now gone home and he played bass guitar so they felt something was missing with just Neil's drums and Gilbo's guitar. They have a gig this Saturday at Cooper so that should be good fun.
Otherwise it is work all the way through to next week now. I can't believe I am more than half way through my internship. It has definitely flown by so far. I'm somewhat disappointed that I wasn't told I could possibly stay here longer as Courtney is doing as I would love to stick around a bit longer. However I've been looking into doing my IDC (to become an instructor) at various places and have pretty much been offered a job in Cyprus with a company there once I've completed and passed the exam and gotten into teaching status. I just hope that I can get my things together in time to get there for it starting in mid April.
Anyway that's all for now.
Hope everyone is well
Hugs
H x

2 comments:

  1. Hello honey. It's almost like reading Bridget Jones's Diary catching up on your day to day's antics. I can't believe you are over half way through your trip too. Where does the time go eh? Glad you are still enjoying it though! Take care and I will speak to you soon. Love and Hugs Adele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you made Bella's day! What fun. I am also in awe that your trip is going so fast. I have enjoyed this journey!

    ReplyDelete