Monday 30 March 2009

Day Twenty-nine

Caught a ride into town with Steve this morning so I could buy some gifts for people back home. Then spent the rest of the afternoon trying to get everything I've accumulated here into my small suitcase. Quite the task. Just barely made it really!! Then spent my last few daylight hours catching the last sunshine rays I could. Slowly baked. Courtney was sick all last night from who knows what?! She spent the day at Norman today so hopefully she's had some time to recover.

Took a quick trip down to the shop to make sure I'd handed everything back in and to confirm what time I'd be getting picked up in the morning - 530am!! Oy. Not sure if it'll be Tom or Melie driving me to the airport - let's hope no one sleeps in - including me! Hehe :)

Am sad to be going home as I've had a really good time here - although I won't miss the midgie/mosi bites at all. They seem to love my feet/legs. Can't say I'm looking forward to going home to the cold weather but apparently it's been quite nice the last couple of days so maybe spring is on its way? Have so much to sort out when I get back - with selling my car and getting kitted out, never mind organising flights and actually finalising exactly where I'm going to do my IDC/IE. Cyprus is looking like a good contender but I'm wondering if I can find a cheaper deal elsewhere?

Anyhoo as I fly back home tomorrow there probably won't be another post. Sitting in an airport for 7 hours is hardly likely to be much fun to write about (never mind live it!) so I hope you've enjoyed my little blog about SCD and the BVI. If you're looking to dive there I would definitely recommend SCD as they are very safe and well organised. And of course everyone is really fun and friendly too which is the whole point of diving, right?

Hugs to all and thanks again for reading. If you have any questions about doing an internship with SCD I will answer what I can.
H x

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing this experience. I have thoroughly enjoyed it and even though I had to read several posts in one sitting for a lack of time to read each day, it has been both fascinating and educational for me. I hope you get everything lined out that you need to and I wish you all the very best. I will look forward to your next blog post on this blog or your other one!
    HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete