Saturday 28 March 2009

Day Twenty-seven

Today was again all about diving. There were about 6 divers on Discovery this morning and again we went to the Rhone. One of the guests had asked Courtney to dive with her even though it was her day off so she came in to hold her hand as we dived. There were lots of lobster today in all sorts of nooks and crannies - but no seahorse! :( We did however see a turtle on the bw section feeding which was way cool. He was pretty big too!

The booze cruise last night was great. Very mellow just sailing in the channel. We went over to Peter island and had a tack and gib through the bay then headed back to Hodges Creek. Very cool with no lights out at sea - there were so many stars. Definitely way more than you can see from land. Very starry starry night! :) Took some photos but I haven't had a chance to look at them yet so will try to get them uploaded tonight and will add here asap (EDIT - DONE).
From left: Kitty Chang, Marc Easton, Jeff, Jason Chang, Vicki, Gilbo Simpson, Emily Parsons, Courtney Hansen.  Missing from the pic but also on the boat are Steve Ellefson, Rob and Jeff's wife Rain.  Not sure what Jason's looking at?
This is Marc and Kitty. I really don't know what Marc is making the face at but perhaps those lime tortilla chips aren't so tasty?!  Kitty doesn't look too impressed either does she? :)
This is Rob and Jason (doing the driving!).
This is the band - A Type of Toad - Neil, Courtney and Gilbo!
Me and Vicki

So tomorrow is my last work day. It's an early start for me too - 7am - and I think we are heading over to Norman island. Not sure how many divers there are or where we are going but hopefully it'll be a good day. I'm thinking of having a little goodbye meal/drinks thing as well at the chinese which I haven't been to yet. I hope it's nice. I'm supposed to be having my exit interview today with Tom but he's still teaching the EFR course so it will have to be another day.

Got Monday to pack and get things together. Hope all is well with everyone.
Hugs
H x

2 comments:

  1. Hello honey just wanted to say hope you enjoy your last few days diving. Let me know when you are home and we will meet up for lunch. Love Adele x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word! I bet it is just breathtaking when you are staring up at the stars at sea. That sounds so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete