Thursday 12 March 2009

Day Eleven

Today was yet another cruise ship day for me and it was the first early start I had. We had to be in at 7am instead of 730am to pick up the cruise guests from Road Town. Again we visited the Rhone wreck but this time I actually led a dive around the bow section. I was supposed to have 4 guests with me but ended up somehow with 6! One of the guests had a mild panic attack before diving but then she sorted herself out and came with me.
It was great leading this dive as I felt much calmer after my first leading trip and also because there is so much activity around the wreck and reef. A seahorse has been spotted at the bow sprit and so we have all been looking to find him again. There is also a huge lobster (Lobzilla is his name!! :) hehehe) hanging around the davits too. Very cool.
I was surface support for the second dive and there were some hairy moments with a diver having another panic attack who consequently didn't dive again. Another diver pulled out of the second dive as the wind and waves had picked up and he was knackered just getting to the ball.
Megan, Neil and I then took everyone back to the cruise ship pier and picked up some more snorkellers. Neil left us and that meant I had to do all the crew work on my own. I think I actually did really well as I'm getting the hang of tying off the boat at the docks and sorting out fenders and so on. I also gave the goodbye talk and spent a lot of time with the small group of snorkellers, about half of whom had never snorkelled before. They all had a great splash about at the Caves near Norman Island and then a quick trip to the beach and Pirates on Norman. A couple went snorkelling again off the beach and dock and managed to see a couple of rays around the dock! Very cool!!
We've just dropped off everyone at the pier and have refuelled and headed back to base. Filling the boat's fuel tanks takes quite some doing! 140+ gallons!! I think tonight is just gonna be an easy one (for me at least) as I didn't sleep too well last night with all the shenanigans. I am off tomorrow too so it would be nice to not get out of bed until at least 10am! We'll see.
Hugs
H xx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time H. Keep up the blog and be careful! Was very worrying reading about your visitor!

    Shane & Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of yourself and I hope there's no further incidents like that!

    ReplyDelete