Thursday 5 March 2009

Day Four

Today was a good day although I got completely soaked in yet another downpour! What is with all the rain since I've arrived? Rob and I went to Cooper Island to open up the little shop there and try to sell some gear/courses/whatever we could. Rob was sent today instead of Tom so he could fix the compressor there. Tom was off on another cruise ship day. So Rob brought his sister with us who is visiting from the UK and we hung out on Cooper all day. Rob showed me how to set up and take down the shop and all the procedures and everything for the place. Then it was just a case of waiting for customers to come in. By the end of the day we'd sold a few tank fills, a regulator and a few other little bits and pieces. As the weather was soooo bad this morning I was surprised that there even was any sales.

I managed to take a few pictures today from Cooper so will try to add them asap. (EDIT - DONE, SEE BELOW) Tomorrow is going to be another busy day I think as it's another cruise ship day for me. In an effort to stop my self throwing up all day again I've gotten some wrist bands that are supposed to prevent seasickness. I'll give them a shot as other than some ginger there isn't really much else I can try.


The dock at Cooper Island.


The boutique and compressor shed behind on Cooper.


The SCD shop on Cooper.


Another view of the shop.

Let's hope the weather improves for tomorrow as all this rain is making me wonder why I even left England! Hehehe
Evening activities so far have not extended to much else than recuperating from the heaving by watching a couple of movies. Tonight a couple of the staff who have started a band together are hoping to play somewhere on the island. Nothing specific has been organised I think but if they get everything sorted then that may be a plan. Otherwise probably yet another movie from my hard disk or a quick trip to the bar above the shop to check it out.
Hope everyone is well
Hugs
H xx

1 comment:

  1. I love the rain...as long as I am not in it! Ugh! But you are learning so many wonderful things! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete